Re: crosstool failing for Mac OSX 10.3.5 ?

Lyndon Van Wagner wrote:
I read Jim Buzbee's documents about Hacking the Linksys NSLU2 on Tom's Networking; and he mentioned your CrossTool scripts.

His article provides a pre-built toolchain, but one that is running on Intel x86 Linux. And I'm running Mac OSX on a 1.25 Ghz G4 eMac (and a 700Mhz G3 iBook). Your documentation talked about making certain the crosstool worked for powerpc chips, but I'm running into a
problem using it on Mac OSX. I've used Commander Fink to install the other necessary tools (sed, grep, etc), but when building crosstool it now tells me that my ld and as are too old. Did you run into this problem at all ?

Nope. Not sure why. Possibly because my MacOSX testing was in April or so, before gcc-3.4 came out. Is that what you're trying to build?

And, I've tried downloading the latest binutils (which contain ld & as) from GNU and sourceforge, only to find out that their config scripts don't support powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0 ...

Grumble. What versions do ld and as report when you run with --version?

Also, which version of crosstool are you using?  0.28-rc36 is the current
one, but then again, maybe you want something older if I've accidentally
broken things since I tested there.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com