Re: Static linked cross tools

BINUTILS_MAKE_OPTIONS="LDFLAGS=-all-static"
# I would advice against using BINUTILS_EXTRA_CONFIG since it's issued
# to configure - we don't need that
make $BINUTILS_MAKE_OPTIONS all

It appears that the previous message was generated when configuring
libiberty. I do not get this error without the LDFLAGS variable.

Part (99%) of binutils' configuring is actually performed while building,
thus when you issue make, not when you issue configure. One problem I ran
into is that the configure scripts during make failed with "C compiler
cannot generate executables" because of the LDFLAGS - it should not be set
while configuring.

I avoided that problem by issuing "make configure-host" before starting the
make all phase (should've said so right away - slipped my mind). I'm not
sure if it will remedy your problem too.

Oh, I will try that later and report.

I have not seen the GCC_NO_EXEC problem myself. I'm sorry but I can't help
you with that.

Binutils versions I have built are 2.13.95 and 2.14

We are using binutils 2.15. I believe this is the default when using the crosstool scripts.

Thanks