Re: just want to verify being able to build chain for SH 7705

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 03:11:59PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> i have a renesas SH EDOSK7705-based board here and, before i
> get all cranked up to build a toolchain, i'm just interested
> in hearing if anyone else has done so.  i'm assuming that i'll
> just go with the most recent "sh3" combo and let it crunch.
> does that sound about right?
>
> and if anyone has gone the whole way and built a 2.6-based
> image to run on such a beast, i'd like to hear about it
> offline if you have the time.  thanks.

You may want to take a look at the gnu SH toolchains available
at kpit.  I don't use their binaries, but I usually start with
their sources when I build a toolchain (FWIW, I'm using H8
rather than SH).  They're the source of a lot of the H8 and SH
toolchain development, and their "released" versions of
binutils/gcc/gdb/newlib are pretty much guaranteed to work well
together.

http://www.kpitgnutools.com/

--
Grant Edwards