Re: cross tool question for ARM

Ryan wrote:
  From the crossgcc mailing list (from August) I see several converstions
about a soft floating point problem with gcc-3.3.2 and ARM.

  I searched and read all of the articles and I don't see a specific patch
that isn't something I already have.

  I can't seem to get printf("%f", 1.0) to work correctly and it's causing
problems when I try to compile some of the bin utilities (awk to be specific).

How are you building gcc-3.3.2? I recommend http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.28-rc37.tar.gz ...

The following patch is supposed to fix problems related to
printf("%f", 1.0) on arm, I think:
http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.28-rc37/patches/glibc-2.3.2/glibc-fp-byteorder.patch

You may also want the riskier patch
http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.28-rc37/patches/gcc-3.3.2/feature/gcc-3.3.2-arm-softfloat.patch
but I can't promise that one's quite right for all users.

Let us know how it goes.
- Dan