Re: extending crosstool to allow simultaneous executions

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Steven Scholz wrote:

> BTW I suggest
>
>     TOOLCOMBO=$GCC_DIR-$GLIBC_DIR-$LINUX_DIR
>
> since I use gcc-3.3.3-glibc-2.3.2-linux-2.6.8 _and_
> gcc-3.4.2-glibc-2.3.3-linux-2.4.27.

by the way, one additional note.  the above suggestion is *exactly*
my argument for a generic build ID variable to replace TOOLCOMBO.
steven's point is that TOOLCOMBO doesn't discriminate finely enough
for him in that it doesn't incorporate the linux kernel version.  but
the solution is not to make TOOLCOMBO even more complicated and
longwinded.  it's to allow arbitrary string values that are meaningful
to the developer.  quite simply, there's *no* default value for
TOOLCOMBO that will satisfy everyone, since others (like me) might
further want to discriminate on, say, CFLAGS, or something.

rday