Re: how to specify big-endian build for SH3 toolchain?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  just to make sure i'm doing this properly, what do i have to do
change to get a *big*-endian build for SH3?  all i did was edit
sh3.dat and make the change:

- TARGET_CFLAGS="-O -m3 -ml"
+ TARGET_CFLAGS="-O -m3 -mb"

i'm assuming there must be more since my big-endian build failed
partway through, complaining about a big-endian/little-endian clash,
which means that *part* of the build is still little-endian-oriented.

have i missed a config/build option somewhere?

Try what I suggested in my previous message, namely figuring out what target name is conventionally used for a big-endian sh3 target (probably sh3eb-unknown-linux-gnu), and try that. Tools like binutils etc. often set their default endianness by looking at the target name.

If that doesn't do it, we can look for more places to jam -mb, e.g.
GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--enable-cxx-flags=-mb" or something like
that...
- Dan