Re: glibc bug

>    I am using glibc 2.3.2 .  I have run into the following
> problem and am wondering if it is
> glibc bug.  A particular  malloc -invoked from a fopen,from my code hangs.
> Before a few changes in my code  it was a free which hung.  Can anyone
> tell
> me if this is a issue in glibc 2.3.2.

No, it's more likely to be a bug elsewhere,
perhaps in your code.  You should use
valgrind; it might help point out the problem.
http://valgrind.kde.org

Now, glibc-2.3.2 does have a number of things
that show up as problems in valgrind, but
usually they're benign, so you can ignore them.
If valgrind finds anything wrong in your code,
though, it's probably worth fixing.
- Dan