Re: Building toolchain with Cirrus Logic MaverickCrunch support

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:08:51 +0100, Manfred Gruber <gruber.m@utanet.at> wrote:

> hi !
>
> with this settings the Cirrus Logic MaverickCrunch support is enabled on build
> crossgcc --with-cpu=ep9312 --enable-cxx-flags=-mcpu=ep9312
> is this correct ?
>
> i want to test it on a ep9315. what do i have to enable when building a
> programm or is it then set direct from the compiler?
>
> thanks regards manfred

I used those flags with crosstool and it built a compiler that seems
to support crunch instructions.  ie. "arm-ep9312-linux-gnu-gcc hello.c
-o hello" will build an executable with crunch support.  No extra
flags are needed when calling the crosscompiler.

I'm not using "crossgcc", so I cannot comment on the details for you.

However, I have not yet tested it.  That's my task for today.

Cheers,
g.