Re: spe glibc addon.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:41:41PM +0000, Steve Papacharalambous wrote:
> Hi Aldy,
>
> The glibc spe patches have been submitted to the crosstool project for
> inclusion into that project to add the ability to build e500 cross
> compilers.  However there is a little reluctance to include these
> patches unless they are eventually accepted into the main glibc project.
>  If the patches have not been accepted into the official glibc sources
> another possibility is to submit them as a glibc 'add-on'.

Uli isn't particularly receptive to anything dealing with embedded
chips.  I doubt it will ever be included.

Is there now an official repository for glibc add-ons?

I haven't taken a look at the latest add-on functionality, but someone
had mentioned it actually worked ;-).  Last time I looked at it, you
couldn't overwrite all the files, or provide patches to non-target
specific files.

Aldy