Re: extend crosstool.sh to allow gcc4 as native compiler?

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Daniel Kegel wrote:

> > > Give it a try, see what happens.  Pick some nice unique variable
> > > name, though.
> >
> > Would CC be considered unique enough? I can't think of a reason
> > not to use CC itself. crosstool should unset it for crossbuilds,
> > of course, but that would apply now as well. Then again, it's late
> > here and I should probably get some sleep.
>
> Hrmph.  Well, maybe.  I must say, it'd be more than a fulltime job
> to get all this right... miracle it all works at all...

sorry, i didn't mean to open up that particular pandora's box but look
at it this way.  if "CC" is technically meant to represent the native
compiler and, by changing it, you break the build, that suggests there
was a coding error there all the time that just went unnoticed because
you never tested that possibility.

think of it as extra debugging. :-)

rday