Re: making progress with building SH3 toolchain

Dimitry Andric wrote:
 with a CVS-based glibc-20050402, i'm getting a familiar "-lgcc_eh"
error whose patch history in patching Makeconfig is:

* it's patched in glibc-2.3.3
* it's not patched in glibc-2.3.4
* it's patched in glibc-20040827

You might want to look at this thread:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-09/msg00101.html

Even among glibc developers, the proper solution isn't completely
clear. :)

In my builds, I simply delete all references to libgcc_eh, and it
never causes any problems.  YMMV...

It's required for NPTL, I think, but it only comes into play when building binaries, not libraries. My current patch (the one I pointed to earlier in the thread) solves this by letting crosstool avoid building binaries when building the bootstrap glibc. It then goes back and builds binaries after everything else is built. This makes the linuxthreads build look more like the nptl build without any nasty tricks and without much extra work, I think. - Dan