Re: crosstool and uClibc

Robert Schwebel wrote:
Hmm, I didn't update the latest patches in PTXdist which add working
uClibc support to crosstool recently, because Dan was in favour of a
"put stuff into a function" solution instead of lots of if...else
sections (which would be good for crosstool anyway).

(I think I prefer separate scripts to functions, but I'm not sure.)

Dan, do you have a valuable plan about when to merge uClibc support? I'd
go through the porting procedure again, but IMHO it does only make sense
if the chances for upstream acceptance are good.

When I last checked two months ago, the uclibc patches to gcc weren't quite ready to go upstream yet: http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2005-May/011679.html

I guess I'll ping them again and see what the situation is.
- Dan