Re: crosstool and uClibc

Hi!

( I'm now subscribed, you can remove me from CC:. :-) )

Once upon a time (on Sunday 10 July 2005 17:26), Dan Kegel wrote :
 > Separate patches, please!  I look forward to seeing what you've done.
 > It would be nice if they were against 0.37.

Separate patches I will do. Against 0.37 I will patch.
Now waiting for 0.37 I am. ;-)
(NO, I didn't watch SW recently!)

 > > No sanitized headers were used, as they prevent uClibc from building.
 > That's a shame.  At some point, let's get those errors reported
 > so we can get them fixed (either by the uclibc folks, or by the
 > sanitized headers maintainer, as appropriate).

Well, I used headers from 2.4 as a first run. I want the toolchain to be
working before I 'tweak' it. I will eventually try to use sanitized 2.6
headers. Kind of one-step-at-a-time procedure...

 > > THe patches I used against gcc were taken from buildroot, in an attempt
 > > to have C++ working. Alas so far it didn't even compile.
 > Hrm.  Maybe you should take the patches from ptxdist instead.

Are they the one distributed with crosstool? Anyway, I'll try to revert
to patches either from crosstool or from ptxdist when the build is eventually
succesful.

 > Hrm.  Maybe the following is related?
 > http://uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2004-January/007943.html
 > http://uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2004-January/007944.html

I already saw these, but... On first sight, their problem refers to C++, when
mine refers only to C. I'll check more thouroughly later on. My mate is a
little demanding on my time, and I can't sit in front of my computer all the
time (which I don't wish anyway), so bear with my delayed answers. And because
I'm french, please bear with my spelling and mis-used sentences. ;-]

Thanks for your invaluable help!

Regards,
Yann.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI@home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |