Re: crosstool and cygwin

Dan Kegel wrote:

Tobias Polzin wrote:

Dein Deutsch ist jedenfalls besser als mein Englisch. :-) War schon etwas gewagt, eine Redewendung "mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schiessen" mit einem Dictionary zu übersetzen. Würde man wahrscheinlich so nicht sagen, oder?

"Shooting a fly with a cannon" is a pretty close translation that people would understand, I think.

4. You could mention in the HOWTO in the section on Cygwin, that the crosstool directory has to be mounted in "binmode" not in "textmode". I ran into strange problems with the "textmode" and felt really stupid afterwards. :-)

Ahhh, serves you right for using textmode :-)

I did this, because I heared that this is suggested if you want to work with CVS:

http://www.gigascale.org/softdevel/faq/23.html

Interesting.  I'll have to note the conflict in my doc.
Probably it's ok to use binary mode with CVS as long
as you use Unix editors when making changes to the files.

Textmode: translates 0x0d0a into 0x0a ? Is there a way to check that? Documentation is nice, but no one reads it! :(

Allan