Re: Backtrace of naked functions

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Ruppert wrote:

Because we use the stabs debugging format, we could simply link in
a module which defines a 'main stab'. gdb honors this stab type, and
treats the name given with this stab like 'main'. In particular,
backtraces stop at this function.

Are you using any particular compiler/linker switches to achieve this? I can only get this to work if I patch GDB's dbxread.c.

This may be restricted to the stabs debugging format, though, and it
won't help if you don't have such a "topmost" function.

And it won't help if you have multiple such functions. Otherwise the trick is neat, even though a work-around for the initial problem.

Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger@sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software