Re: Cygwin CrossGCC

Brian Rose wrote:
I am an embedded developer and I was referred to this list from the main GCC page. I am working on developing a process to build the GNU cross compiler toolchain on a Cygwin/Windows system. Currently the most recent version that will build out of the box is binutils-2.15 and gcc-3.4.2. I have tried applying later version and get various build errors.

I would like to build more recent versions of these packages. Would this be the correct forum for discussing this effort?

Yep!

Also, I cannot find out where to subscribe to the list because the FAQ points to Bill Gatliff's website, which does not provide any facility regarding this list.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc is the place.

In case you are wondering I am maintaining the following document which helps Cygwin/Windows developers use GCC by illustrating all the gotcha's on the Windows platform.

http://brianrose.net/columns/CrossToolsWin32.html

Very nice!

You might want to add a link there to http://kegel.com/crosstool
for people who want to target glibc-based Linux systems rather than bare metal systems.
- Dan