Re: crosstool on Mac OS X

Daniel Morais wrote:
When I first tried to use crosstool, I failed...
A lot of "cryptic messages" (I'm not a GNU expert :), so I give up and tried other solutions (without success).
Then, I tried again, and read carefully the documentation: the main problems I had was due to the fact I didn't installed GNU version of sed...
Mac OS X already have sed installed, but it is not the GNU one and it seems they are not compatible (I suggest that, for people like me, you should mention on your doc that Mac OS X shiped version of sed will not work fine)

The other problem I had was due to the fact the gcc version I'm using on Mac OS X is 4.0, which seems to cause some troubles (don't remember the error message, sorry).
Solution is simple: Mac OS X provide two versions of gcc, 4.0 and 3.3, and developer can choose which version to use by running the command gcc_select (need root privileges).

So, here, developer should type on the terminal: sudo gcc_select 3.3

This will make gcc version 3.3 be the default one, and everything will then work fine with crosstool.

Thanks for the tips, I'll add them! - Dan