Re: anyone build with NPTL instead of linuxthreads?

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Saturday 22 October 2005 01:18 pm, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   from memory, i tried to build a chain with NPTL a while back and
> > it failed (no, i don't have the details, this is a general
> > question). i'm about to try again but can anyone verify if this
> > has been done and what incantation it requires?
>
> we've done it in Gentoo with a hack or two but i dont know how well
> anyone has tested the results ...
>
> anyone know of a good testsuite for this purpose ?

from my googling thus far, apparently i'd add "forced unwind support"
by installing the "libunwind" library.  is that the hack you're
talking about?

i'm using fedora core 4, and it seems clear that the current version
of crosstool is not NPTL-ready.

rday