Re: what is mips_fp_le-gcc?

Elmar.Haag (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
Thanks, folks, for your replies.
Unfortunately, the whole thing gets much more complicated as I thought. I followed the suggestion of Murat Kucuk and downloaded the packages from http://mcmcc.bat.ru/dlinkt/ar7_mipsel_toolchain_src/  ; I even get them compiled but of course there is not mips_fp-le-gcc binary produced but some binaries like xgcc and so ... this one will not eat the options and parameters that are supplied in the original makefile.
I understand now that the mips_fp_le-gcc is a commercial compiler from MontaVista, ftp.mvista.com also does not allow anonymous login, so the question is, is there a way I can compile one (ONLY ONE!) .c file for my mips-based-Netgear router in a cheap or in an easy way?

Build a gcc based crosscompiler (gcc-3.4.[34] for example) with the options similar to this (use the appropriate prefix/sysroot):

../gcc-3.4.3/configure --target=mipsel-linux --with-sysroot=/usr/local/mipsel-linux-pnx8550 --with-arch=mips32 --with-float=hard --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/usr/local/mipsel-linux-pnx8550

For me this produces code that can run on a Montavist 3.1 based system (where the compiler is mips_fp_le-gcc).

David Daney