From: Dan Kegel [mailto:dank@kegel.com]
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 5:09 PM
To: Fedor E. Turin
Cc: crossgcc@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: ARM object format

Fedor E. Turin wrote:
> Thank you for crosstool. Already I build gcc-3.4.4 with glibc-2.3.3 for
> target arm7tdmi. I use cygwin.
>
> But I have a problem. I need to compile C sources into AOF files (arm
> object format), but I can't do this. Now all object files in ELF format.
>
> I tried to build crossgcc using target option arm-7tdmi-aof in
> arm7tdmi.dat. But crosstool fails with message:
>
> *** BFD does not support target arm-7tdmi-aof.

Better ask either the riscos experts (e.g.
http://gccsdk.riscos.info/mail-archive/gcc/2004/2897.html )
or the binutils experts; I have no experience with that format.
You should also mention why you need AOF format -- which
tools or libraries are you trying to interoperate with?
And is your target really running Linux?
- Dan

--
What does Linux need to succeed on the desktop?  See
http://kegel.com/linux/comfort