undefined reference errror using gcc 3.3.2

Hi,
I dont know if this is the correct forum for my question..if not, sorry abt that, but Can anyone help me..

I am trying to compile and link a simple hello world program , using gcc 3.3.2 provided with the AMD Au1550 development board documentation CD. the linker crashes with undefined references to printf . Do I need to use libraries from newlib or binutils? The CD provides a prebuilt version of gcc and I installed it directly. The CD provides a printf function with the hello world example, and it works with that. but my hello world doesnot link . I am new to gnu toolchain and any help or direction to the correct forum to post this question , would be appreciated.
--
Sent from the Sourceware - crossgcc list forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/undefined-reference-errror-using-gcc-3.3.2-t691583.html#a1825445