RE: autoconf.h and a cygwin toolchain

Hi,

thank you very much, the patch did the trick !

In fact, I read the crosstool-howto very often, but yesterday it didn't
came in my mind that I already knew something about this bugfix ;)

However, I attach a link to a screen of that error-box I mentioned, and
it is not a "simply box with a memory address" as I said, it is an
application error of "conf.exe" (I must be frustrated yesterday...):
http://tinypic.com/kdu1xx.gif

One thing I also want to add is that a "make menuconfig" is also not
possible in cygwin, because there is only one console window allowed
there (but maybe there is a way to do this, which I do not know).

Thomas

Behalf
> Of Dan Kegel
> Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 5:27 PM
> To: Wedde, Thomas
> Cc: crossgcc@sourceware.org
> Subject: Re: autoconf.h and a cygwin toolchain
>
> On 1/16/06, Wedde, Thomas <thomas.wedde@hfwk.de> wrote:
> > so finally I got my cygwin-linux-crosscompiler working and it builds
> > fine linux executables on my windows-host.
> > (here the facts:
> > - glibc 2.3.2
> > - gcc 3.2.3
> > - linux kernel 2.6.9)
> >
> > But now I seem to come into trouble with the kernel-configuration of
the
> > crosstool-script.
> >
> > If I try to compile a kernel module (especially a driver) I get an
error
> > from the compiler that the "autoconf.h" is missing ...
> > Google and this mailing list told me that the reason is a not
configured
> > kernel ...
> > So I tried those things which are already mentioned in this mailing
list
> > to (re-?)configure the kernel which was build during the
> > crosstool-process.
> > But this doesn't work, because of the following errors ...
> >   HOSTCC  -fPIC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
> > scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target
(all
> > code is position independent)
>
> You need

http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.38/patches/linux-2.6.8/linux-2.6.