Re: configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long double), 77

Dan Kegel wrote:
On 1/26/06, Martin J. Bligh <mbligh@google.com> wrote:

Or are we asking for x86_64 host support without some vital component in
the build chain being correct ... eg do we have to have a 64 bit
binutils or soemthing that we dont have?

config.guess would be wrong to return x86_64 if the system can't run
x86_64 binaries.  Your system probably can't run dynamically linked
x86_64 binaries, though I didn't check to see if it can run statically
linked ones.
I dunno what config.guess should do on a system that can run one
but not the other.  Biarch systems are fun!

Aah. so maybe the question we're really trying to ask is what libc, etc
we have available? Which didn't look like what config.guess was trying to figure out ...

Thanks for all your help.

M.