Re: crosstool-generated toolchain produces massive ELF executable

Robert:

i'll look more closely this afternoon. i'm guessing it's because the
KPIT toolchain uses newlib and not glibc, but i still don't see why
that would make that kind of difference. i mean, from 80K to almost
400K?

That kind of difference is consistent with my experience. Yep, pretty unbelievable.

Both libraries map out the extreme ends of the "solution space". Glibc is the be-all-everything-and-then-some solution; newlib is the minimalist-almost-to-a-fault one. :) (Don't get me wrong, I *love* newlib but it isn't a glibc replacement).

If you want to explore a middle ground, try uClibc.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com