Re: Undetected duplicate symbols

Marius Groeger said the following on 02/07/2006 01:46 AM:
Hello Khem,

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Khem Raj wrote:

Marius Groeger wrote:

Now, does anybody know why I don't get an error, or what linker option I
might have to throw to get one?
Is your program linking with crt1.o ? I see that for other arches it defined _start in this file but for mips the name has two underscores. So essentially it is finding just one definition of _start which is your function but may be the entry point is __start

No, it's an embedded application without any startup code. We're really talking my _start vs. a linker script defined _start; the linker script symbol seems to win, and there is no error (or even a warning).

Do you have your own linker script file ? or do you use default one. I think you need to have your own for the system
either way you can remove the symbol for linker script and see if that works. Would be nice if you could make a short example to exhibit the problem.
Marius