Re: Readymade binary rpm for CrossGCC

On 2/19/06, Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a readymade binary rpm for CrossGCC?
>
> I need the current non-cross GCC on my system, which is why I am not willing
> to compile CrossGCC myself as given in the FAQ.
>
> Or will compiling crossgcc not affect my existing GCC installation?

Compiling a cross gcc will leave your normal gcc environment
totally unaffected when done properly.  The key is to never,
ever run anything as root, especially not 'make install'.
That way you can't accidentally overwrite /usr/bin/gcc or
/usr/include.

BTW what system do you need to target?
If it's a linux glibc system, have you tried using crosstool to build
your cross-compiler?
- Dan