Re: Trouble cross debugging

--- EJS <ejshoor@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2/18/06, EJS <ejshoor@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > I am using the standard gdbserver on the target.
> >
> > Maybe you have to use the gdbserver built by
> > crosstool?
> >
> Thanks Dan.  I just tried using the gdbserver built
> by
> crosstool and it did not make a difference. However,
> did notice I am actually able to step though the
> code,
> well at least some parts of it.

Well, I stumbled over some additional information. I
forgot to mention another error message that I had
been getting.

"warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint
function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library
initializers and track explicitly loaded dynamic
code."

I had read somewhere that this message could be a
result of an "overstripped" ld-linux.so. So I copied
my ld-linux.so from the target over the one generated
by crosstool. I also copied over the other shared
libraries that gdb was looking for libc, libm, etc.
This seemed to fix the problem. The gdb backtrace went
from a hundred or so lines to about seven.

So my question is: Is there any way to prevent
crosstool from "overstripping" the shared libraries
that it generates?

Thanks,