Re: error configuring glibc: "no __thread support"

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Khem Raj wrote:

> Robert
>
> Usually I have seen it when gcc is missing TLS support. How did you
> configure minimal gcc build. Make sure GCC supports TLS for the
> target you are compiling for.

1) precisely what options should i use for the bootstrap gcc configure
to get TLS support?  i thought i added all of the config options i
needed.

2) i did verify that the bootstrap gcc did *not* have __thread support
by trying to compile the single line file:

  __thread int a = 42 ;

which is pretty much what the glibc configure script uses to test if
the compiler has __thread support.  so we can rest assured that, yes,
the bootstrap gcc doesn't have what it needs.

3) since i'm trying to build this for sh3eb, it may very well be that
this is just broken for SH.

  i'm open to advice if anyone has any suggestions that i can try but,
as dan pointed out earlier, this is a non-trivial undertaking.

rday