Re: What is msvc in i586-mingw32msvc?

On 2/27/06, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
> You can statically link against the C library,
> but that is a move of extreme desperation

true

> that is usually only done by
> closed source proprietary applications.

Aw, there are other reasons.  Say, if you want a copy of gcc that runs
everywhere.

> And from what I have read
> modern glibcs are making it harder and harder to actually accomplish
> this, especially if you use threads or name resolution modules.

Quite true.  I'm doing it now, and there are a couple hoops I had
to jump through to get name resolution right.  Haven't found any
hoops related to threads under linuxthreads yet, but I suppose there
might still be some.
- Dan