Re: iWMMXt Linux EABI cross toolchain

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 12:52:49PM +0000, Steven Newbury wrote:
> Hello again Daniel,
> Since you have made the most recent ARM EABI commits I hope you're the right
> person to help here. :-) I'm making some progress with my toolchain but I've
> encountered a rather strange problem when building Glibc.  As can be seen in
> the attached log the crti.S assembler file produced from the initfini.s by sed
> is causing a locally referenced label ".L10" to no longer be in the assembler
> file.  What is actually supposed to be happening here?

I don't know what's gone wrong; the constant pool has gotten separated
from the first half of _init, but that doesn't usually happen, so
something is wrong in your toolchain.  Find a working version somewhere
else and compare.  I'd be inclined to suspect a broken compiler,
since call_gmon_start usually doesn't get inlined.

And, sorry, but I don't read crossgcc because I don't have time to
support these kinds of questions; please stick to the lists.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery