Rom based Shared Library

Hi

I seemed to be stuck.
I am developing a rom based shared library system.

The .bss section needs to be copied to RAM from FLASH at initialisation time.
If I do this the .bss section will NOT be accessable as it is NOT
referenced using the jump vectors in the GOT ( Globa Offset Tables).

The .data section also needs to be copied to RAM. This is possible as it
IS referenced using the Jump vectors in the GOT.

Question:
   Is it possible to force the compiler to put all global data in the
.data section and to discard the .bss section.

I have tried -fno-common but it does not work

Target - arm-elf.

thanks in advance .

john mcwhinnie