Re: Failure to boot into cross built environment (iWMMXt NPTL EABI)

--- Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> for setting up the cross-compiler there is a helper 'crossdev' script which
> takes care of all the mundane details ...
> # emerge crossdev
> # crossdev arm-iwmmxt-linux-gnueabi
I did try that at first but at the time there were no released version of
anything with the support in place.  Since I had to dig into and learn about
how gcc works I ended up doing all myself anyway.  I've learnt a lot from this
project in the last couple of months!

> the trick for cross-compiling into ROOT is to setup a wrapper:
> $ cat cmerge
> #!/bin/bash
> export ROOT=/mnt/arm-eabi
> export CFLAGS="-Os -march=iwmmxt ......"
> exec emerge "$@"
> $ cmerge sys-libs/glibc
Yes, great minds think alike; I did just that!  It's a shame a lot of packages
are broken with respect to cross compiling, especially python!  I did hope I'd
be able to cross-compile a working ARM/iWMMXt/NPTL/EABI based Gentoo (stage1 at
least)!

Steve