Re: Failure to boot into cross built environment

Steven Newbury said the following on 04/23/2006 06:59 AM:
--- Khem Raj <khem@mvista.com> wrote:

Steven Newbury wrote:
OK this is now confirmed. I tried turning on oldabi support and booting
into
another rootfs. That worked. Chrooting into my EABI environment gave the
error
below.
thats expected. EABI changes structure alignments and some structure passing that happens between kernel and glibc
will not match and you will have problems. Especially when kernel tried to compare the size of the structures for sanity
while catering system calls.

Except the exact same thing happens when I try booting directly into my pure
EABI environment with no old ABI anywhere.
Did you compile the kernel itself with EABI and I am not sure but it also needs some patches to supports EABI

Steve

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Photos -- NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com