Re: Failure to boot into cross built environment (iWMMXt NPTL EABI)

--- Steve Papacharalambous <stevep@freescale.com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> More test results:
>
> I applied this patch to glibc-2.4:
> http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2006-03/msg00029.html
>
> The system now fails to boot with:
>
> [snip]
> linuxrc: /lib/libgcc_s.soKernel panic - not syncing:
> Attempted to kill init! .1: version `GLIBC_2.4' not foun d
> (required by /linuxrc) /linuxrc: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1:
> version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by
> /lib/libcrypt.so.1) /linuxrc: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version
>   `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /lib/libgcc_s.so.1)
> [/snip]
>
> Best regards,

I'm a little further myself...
It looks like you have a either a wrong or missing libc-2.4.so for your
gcc-lib.  libgcc_s.so is provided by gcc but is only built after you have a
shared glibc to build it with.

I now have a mostly running system.  I'm not sure if it was from compiling
everthing with -mabi=aapcs-linux or something else just went differently..? The
biggest problem and really a show-stopper for me at the moment is that bash
won't work.  It just segfaults.  I suspect the configure overrides/guesses from
the cross-compilation are to blame:
export bash_cv_have_mbstate_t=yes
export ac_cv_sys_restartable_syscalls=yes
export ac_cv_func_setvbuf_reversed=yes
export am_cv_func_working_getline=yes

Those are the overrides I'm using, also:
export enable_malloc0returnsnull=yes

That proved necessary for some things.  Since I haven't got a working native
environment to compare to I don't know if they are right.  Something is
certainly wrong! :(  I put together the above options from Google.

I'm adding gdb to the system right now so hopefully I might be able to track
the segfault down...

Steve