Re: arm eabi boot progress.

Hi Steve,

Using linux-2.6.16 and busybox-1.01

Also using release glibc-2.4, maybe I need to use a later snapshot?

Best regards,

Steve

Steven Newbury wrote:
I think we are getting there...
I did get the socket function not implemented errors until I applied the patch
you pointed out. That resolved that issue for me.
Are you using bash?
What kernel are you using?
Sorry about the formatting and lack of quotation Im limited to my mobile phone
at the moment.

--- stevep@freescale.com <stevep@freescale.com> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Here's a quick update on progress:

After applying the patch: http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2006-03/msg00029.html and rebuilding the user space completely with "-mabi=aapcs-linux" the system now boots and it is possible to log in successfully. :-)

The problems remaining are all socket operations fail with "Function not implemented" error messages. This message is also generated when trying to change file metadata.

For example:

cp: preserving times for `/mnt/rwfs/var/spool': Function not implemented

syslogd: Couldn't get file descriptor for socket /dev/log: Function not implemented

telnetd: socket: Function not implemented

Have you seen these errors?

Best regards,

Steve

Steve