Re: Re: arm eabi boot progress.

Busybox works here too. It doesnt seem to be bashy enough to init Gentoo
though. Im using Gentoo glibc-2.4-r2 + the patch you spotted. I havent had any
luck with later snapshots as I posted earlier. It fails to run init with ld.so
reporting an inconsistency. Could you try bash? It would be useful to get
another datapoint. At the moment Im just applying diffs between glibc-2.4 and
trunk and hoping to get lucky. Ive merged up to current linux git but that made
no difference.

--- stevep@freescale.com <stevep@freescale.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Using linux-2.6.16 and busybox-1.01
>
> Also using release glibc-2.4, maybe I need to use a later snapshot?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Steve
>
> Steven Newbury wrote:
> > I think we are getting there...
> > I did get the socket function not implemented errors until I applied the
patch
> > you pointed out. That resolved that issue for me.
> > Are you using bash?
> > What kernel are you using?
> > Sorry about the formatting and lack of quotation Im limited to my mobile
phone
> > at the moment.
> >
> > --- stevep@freescale.com <stevep@freescale.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi Steve,
> >>
> >>Here's a quick update on progress:
> >>
> >>After applying the patch:
> >>http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-ports/2006-03/msg00029.html and rebuilding
> >>the user space completely with "-mabi=aapcs-linux" the system now boots
> >>and it is possible to log in successfully. :-)
> >>
> >>The problems remaining are all socket operations fail with "Function not
> >>implemented" error messages. This message is also generated when trying
> >>to change file metadata.
> >>
> >>For example:
> >>
> >>cp: preserving times for `/mnt/rwfs/var/spool': Function not implemented
> >>
> >>syslogd: Couldn't get file descriptor for socket /dev/log: Function not
> >>implemented
> >>
> >>telnetd: socket: Function not implemented
> >>

> >>Have you seen these errors?
> >>
> >>Best regards,
> >>
> >>Steve
> >>

> > Steve

> > Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with
voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Steve