Re: More crosstool-0.42-glibc-2.4-gcc-4.1.0-nptl

On 5/10/06, Robert Schwebel <robert@schwebel.de> wrote:
I suppose not, because they usually compile natively, not cross. And I'm
just too lazy to wait until a 50 MHz ARM machine has compiled all 13000
debian unstable packets ;)

You do have the option of building on a fast x86 (or amd64) box, running ARM native compiler binaries under an ARM sarge chroot using qemu. You should get the same results as compiling on a real ARM, only much faster -- and it works for software that doesn't have cross-compile-friendly build procedures. See my earlier post regarding mkxdeb.

I haven't gotten around to doing an EABI chroot yet, but I probably
will soon.  I need to build a basic userspace and a Canadian Cross
first, and will probably finish bringing up 2.6.16.x on my board
before monkeying further with qemu.  I'd love to use PTXdist to
bootstrap my userspace efforts; can you hook me up with an up-to-date
version of PTXdist that has crosstool 0.42 integrated?

Cheers,
- Michael