Re: !(fun) with tls

On Friday 02 June 2006 12:32 pm, Michael K. Edwards wrote:
> (It's not clear to me why you're cross-compiling instead of
> compiling natively inside a chroot; perhaps if you explain the
> motivation I can be more specific.)
The goal is to release a build system which allows customers to easily develop
applications for our SBC's distribution.

I went the cross compiler route because I am somewhat familiar with building
cross-gcc's for different architectures (Coldfire and HCS12) so I figured
building one for our SBC's would be easy and useful.

I now see that I didn't know what I was talking about.

Since I'm use to building on different architectures, I have no experience
with the chroot route, but maybe that's best........I'm certainly open to
suggestions. Do you know of any good howto's out there?

My only problem with it is can I do it entirely from a Makefile? Will my IDE's
still work if I chroot while building from them?

thx
NZG