Re: Add additional libraries to crosstool build script

I was able to build static libraries for libpng, libjpeg, and libz using my
powerpc-604-linux-gnu-gcc toolchain.  However, the configure scripts
for these application libraries failed when I tried to build a shread library.
So I tried to build the shared library manually using something like:

powerpc-604-linux-gnu-gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,libpng.so.1 -o libpng.so.1.2.3.10 \
..all of the object ffiles..

The problem I have now is libpng calls functions in zlib and when I link an
application wtih -lpng I get an unresolved reference error in libpng.so to functions
in the zlib library.  I still can't get around the problem even if I explicitly link
against the zlib library using -lz.

I know this is kind of a general question, but is there an option I need to set when
creating a .so library that depends upon another .so library?

Thanks,
Doug