Re: Permissions problems with crosstool-0.42

Adam Kemp wrote:
RESULT_TOP = /opt/crosstool

That directory exists, and is writable by my user. I did use "touch /opt/crosstool/foo" and it succeeded. The problem is that it's not writing to /opt/crosstool, it's writing to /opt/cross. When I then tried changing RESULT_TOP to /opt/cross to make it happy, it got a little further, but then it tried writing to /opt.

If you look at my original email, you can see the permissions of /opt/crosstool as well as the contents of the script where I set RESULT_TOP=/opt/crosstool. Then if you look at the error I got, you'll notice that it's trying to write to /opt/cross instead. That error didn't come up until long after I started the script. I cut a whole bunch of the output and only pasted the end of it. Right after it extracts the linuxthreads_db stuff, it does a few patch things and then gives the error. Something is not working right here.

OK, I see. You'll have to figure out exactly where that's coming from.

I haven't seen that myself. It should not be writing to
/opt/cross or /opt (except to create /opt/crosstools if
it doesn't already exist.)

-David