Re: GNU Cross compiler for Intel on Linux Platform

Mihir Patel wrote:
Which line you talking about commenting???

One of the commented eval lines.

I uncommented one line of the gcc and glibc version i am needing. All
other lines are commented.
If I run the demo-i686.sh script it is running perfectly and i can see
"Done" at the end of the output but I am not seeing all.sh script
running. So when I try to run that separately...

Did it create binaries? It should take some time (hours) in between starting it and Done if it's running properly.

all.sh is a shell script, so you will probably see /bin/sh
or /bin/bash running. If you use the right arguments to ps
you can see the shells arguments, if there are any.

It is asking me for this TARGET and TARGET_CFLAGS environment variable.

You aren't running it right. It's not intended to be run that way, but you can if you do the equivalent of what the eval lines do in the demo script.

One more thing is that do I have to put all the directories in
/download???? Or this script will do it for me?????

By default, it downloads what it needs. I already answered you privately on that one.

This stuff and most people on this alias assume you have a
reasonable working knowledge of shell scripts and configuring
and building basic gnu tools, including compilers and libraries
and binutils in native (not cross-compilers) form. If you haven't
done any of that, and don't understand shell scripts, it's going
to be very difficult for you to just dive in.

-David