Re: Building gcc for solaris on sparc64 from linux on x86

David Cournapeau wrote:
Hi there,

I am a newbie at cross-compiling, so please excuse my stupid mistakes and/or vague terminology. I have two machines:

   - M1 which runs linux on x86
   - M2 which runs solaris on sparc64.

Look in /usr/sfw/bin on M2. If you've installed it, there should be a native gcc there. If not, you should be able to find a native Solaris/sparc gcc to download.

Without much effort, I found this:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/sparc/

It's much easier to build natively, since you have
a fully capable solaris/sparc64 box, I recommend you
find a compiler package, download it and build natively.

-David