From: Steve Papacharalambous [mailto:stevep@freescale.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 11:54 AM
To: Tal Hasid
Cc: crossgcc@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: GCC and Freescale MPC83xx / e300 core support

Hi Tal,

There is a soft float e300 toolchain available from:
http://www.bitshrine.org/gpp/

The binary rpm is: tc-fsl-x86lnx-e300c2-nptl-4.0.2-2.i386.rpm

The source rpm also available from this location,

Best regards,

Steve

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 16:48 +0200, Tal Hasid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to build a cross toolchain for the MPC832x which is based on
> the e300 core. Which version of gcc support the e300 core and what is
> the correct cpu type for that (i.e. --with-cpu=) ?
>
> I know that the e300 core is compatible with the 603e core besides the

> hardware floating point unit. Does it mean that I can build the cross
> toolchain for the 603e with software floating point support and it
> will be fine for this cpu (MPC83xx).
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Tal
> IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential. They are intended for the
> named recipient(s) only.
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the system
manager or the sender immediately and do
> not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
> *** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals, and malicious
content. ***

named recipient(s) only.