Re: More ARM binutils fuckage

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 08:21:28PM -0800, Michael K. Edwards wrote:

> >No, it doesn't, it's a vanilla xscale v2 based CPU.
>
> Are you using a particular CPU tuning?  I am working with (and tuning
> for) an ARM926EJ-S, and will need to choose a tuning for an IXP425
> soon.  You need at least armv5t for EABI, right?

I target armv4t, so that everything still works on armv4t cores such
as the arm920t (the one used in the cirrus logic ep93xx.)

> >I didn't try until 2.6.19-rc1 or so, but that works fine.  I haven't
> >tried with any external patches but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
>
> Have you run into any problems with EABI and early boot stages?

Nope.

> My last couple of kernel build attempts resulted in strangely
> scrambled text in the "Uncompressing linux...." message, followed
> by a hang.  I am starting to wonder whether some of the arch/mach
> assembly for this CPU/board (not that different from a Versatile)
> is incompatible with EABI.

Need more details to debug this.  Please post your system info and
a copy of the full boot log when you stick a call to printascii()
in your printk() function to linux-arm-kernel@.