Re: How to make crosstool support for VFP software fp format?

 2006-12-11äç 11:19 +0100ïDimitry Andric wroteï
> YanXT Gpsign wrote:
> >     Now I wonder if I can achieve it by compiling with a compatible-configured toolchain,
> > at least vfp-softfp format-compatible toolchain...like crosstool-0.42 . Is this possible?
>
> It could be possible, but subtle differences between your toolchain and
> MontaVista's might give other problems that are very hard to solve.  It
> is simply much better to compile everything using the same toolchain.
>
> That said, you need to make sure that your toolchain uses the same
> floating point options as MontaVista's.  To see what MontaVista uses,
> extract one of the .o files from libGPSEngine.a, e.g.:
>
> arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu-ar x libGPSEngine.a AGPS.o
>
> and then run objdump -p on it, to see what float options it uses:
>
> arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu-objdump -p AGPS.o
>
> You should get something like (but probably a little different):
>
> AGPS.o:     file format elf32-littlearm
> private flags = 600: [APCS-32] [VFP float format] [software FP]

you were right, the command I put for testing:

[YanXT@R51:~/sirfapi061030](0)$ arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu-objdump -p AGPS.o

AGPS.o:     file format elf32-littlearm
private flags = 600: [APCS-32] [VFP float format] [software FP]

just like what u said. :)

and I tested one lib under crosstool dir, the result was as follows:

[YanXT@R51:/opt/crosstool/gcc-3.4.1-glibc-2.3.3/arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu/arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu/lib](0)$ arm-9tdmi-linux-gnu-objdump -p libm.so|grep private
private flags = 202: [APCS-32] [FPA float format] [software FP] [has
entry point]

Ah, so , obviously, their software FP format don't match,
beside compiling libGPSEngine with my rebuilt toochain which supports
FPA, How can I build crosstool to have VFP softwaredefault float format
support?

thanks~

YanXT