Re: Error "no termcap library found" when building gdb 6.6 for powerpc target

Supriya Sriraman wrote:
On 2/12/07, Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com> wrote:
Supriya Sriraman wrote:
> I am getting "no termcap library found" error when I was building GDB
> 6.6, for a powerpc target.
> The host and target are powerpc, the build is i686-pc-linux-gnu.

Download termcap sources from here:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/termcap/termcap-1.3.1.tar.gz

Extract, configure and build using:

configure --build="i686-pc-linux-gnu" --host="powerpc-603e-linux-gnu" \
 --target="powerpc-603e-linux-gnu" --prefix="$HOME/install"
make
make install

This causes the termcap files to be installed under $HOME/install.  The
easiest way to make use of these for building gdb is to manually copy
include/termcap.h to your toolchain include directory, and
lib/libtermcap.a to your toolchain lib directory.

Dimitry,

Thank you for the help with termcap. I installed it and copied the
files to the toolchain directories as instructed by you.

Unfortunately, I continue to get the "no termcap library found" error.
it means gcc does not have these paths in its default search list. Try

<cross-compiler-name> -print-file-name=libc.a

this will give you the path where it is looking for libc.a
put your libtermcap.a in the same directory and it will pick it up automatically.

you can also check all the library paths gcc searches using

<whatever your gcc> -print-search-dirs