Re: Trying to get crosstool-0.43 to work on Solaris 9

Alexander Skwar wrote:

I've got an additional problem, though. When crosstool is trying
to compile glibc, it breaks. I suppose it breaks, as it's trying
to use the original SUN as and SUN ld and not the GNU ones. The
GNU ones are in PATH before the SUN stuff. In my build script, I
set PATH to PATH=/opt/csw/gnu:/opt/csw/gcc4/bin:$PATH and GNU ld
and GNU as are in /opt/csw/gnu.

Any ideas?

That sounds familiar. But I don't see what I did about it. I had problems with libiconv, and did something for that. (I used GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG to workaround that, setting --with-libiconv-prefix)

There's something like --with-gnu-as and --with-gnu-ld or something
like that, if I recall. But I don't see anywhere that I
had to use them in crosstools. Maybe I needed to use
that stuff for the native tools build first.

I built a set of native tools first, and used them
to build the crosstools. Did you do that?

-David