Re: Linux Montavista versus crosstool

On 3/28/07, Miroslaw Dach <miroslaw.dach@psi.ch> wrote:
Hi Cliff,

        Thank you very much for your opinions and suggestions. Probably
very soon I will use the same toolchain for all (kernel and the
applications). Right now as ai said I just wanted to have a quick start to
see that something is working.

I would appreciate also your opinions about toolchains. Which one you
would recommend to me. I would like to cross compile and to cross link all
on my PC (Scientific Linux 3) for power PC 405 processor.

I use OpenEmbedded for most of my development -- which builds the toolchain and distribution. There has been quite a bit PPC activity in OE recently, so it is probably worth a try. As I mentioned before, getting the toolchain is just the first step. Building everything else can be the challenge.

See: http://bec-systems.com/web/content/view/63/9/

Cliff

-- ======================= Cliff Brake http://bec-systems.com