Re: getting back up to speed

2007/4/11, Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr>:
nptl: gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.5-nptl.dat.
but the contents are confusing:
GLIBCTHREADS_FILENAME=glibc-linuxthreads-2.3.5
  i thought the whole point of NPTL was to not *need* linuxthreads.
so why is there a reference to linuxthreads in the above?

It is - they are alternatives (or should be!) I remember working on this last year, and just removing the GLIBCTHREADS_FILENAME line should be enough. I think it is superfluous here and may even be bogus.

In my case I was using glibc-2.4 bcos I was doing arm-eabi-nptl and
that only started working from that version. I would guess that
2.3.5-nptl should work the same way on the architectures that it
supports.