glibc-2.3.6. patch for better i686 compatibility

hi there.

these problems seem to have been around for some time, so i guess it makes sense to collect them into one patch for inclusion into crosstool, glibc, or whereever you like them.
building a i686-linux-crossgcc (for efi) on mac os x didn't work out for me, since gcc 4.1.0 (and maybe other versions) defines the symbol __i686 to "1" when the target is i686. glibc 2.3.6 on the other hand uses __i686 in some symbol names. this causes the compile to break.
i collected all the patches i could find on several mailing lists, plus some of my own.
a related bug with a misplaced macro is included too.

if you're building with crossgcc, simply place the file into patches/ glibc-2.3.6/

hope this helps others.
gregor